Villa Maridadi – The word maridadi means beautiful in Swahili, and Villa Maridadi more than lives up to its name. This stunning five-bedroom residence with traditional alang-alang thatched roofs, lush tropical gardens, generous green-stone swimming pool, lavish living spaces and spectacular ocean views exudes beauty from every pore.
Set on 4,100 square metres in the sleepy seaside village of Cemagi on Bali’s south-west coast this family style villa offers an authentic Balinese experience. Bordered by rice fields on one side and glistening black-sand beaches on the other, and with the sea temple of Pura Gede Luhur Batungaus punctuating the horizon, guests at Maridadi are not only treated to stunning panoramas but also to the most enchanting and exotic of Balinese traditions. It is through observing the rice farmer tending his fields and witnessing the elaborate ceremonial processions at the temple that the true essence of this Island of the Gods is revealed.
Thoughtfully designed for relaxation and comfort, this spacious and welcoming home mixes traditional architecture and artefacts with easy modern living. Throughout the villa, splashes of vibrant red – in the soft furnishings, the bright parasols and the magnificent flowering heliconias – contrast beautifully against the teak wood furniture and the green of the well manicured lawns. Five large air-conditioned bedrooms with luxurious garden bathrooms provide guests with total peace and privacy. Options for leisure and entertainment are endless with a games room, shared tennis court, 20-metre swimming pool, open-sided living and dining pavilion, massage balé and an adorable thatched rice barn, or lumbung, overlooking the ocean and perfect for sunset cocktails.
A treasured ingredient of a stay at this villa is the warm and friendly staff. From the attentive butlers to the experienced in-house chef they will gladly attend to your requests with a minimum of fuss, whether it be arranging a spa service or preparing your favourite meal.
The added beauty of Villa Maridadi is that although you may well choose not to leave this sumptuous oasis, the world famous surf breaks of Echo Beach and the Nirwana Bali Golf Course are just a 10-minute drive away while cosmopolitan Seminyak, with its impressive array of restaurants and boutiques, can be reached in about half an hour.
- Land area 5,200 m2
- 5 air-conditioned bedrooms en suite bathrooms for capacity 10 people
- Room/ bed configuration: 1 super-king master suite; 2 king master suites; 2 twin bedrooms which can convert to doubles, plus 4 extra trundle beds.
- Private swimming pool (20m x 5m)
- Living area: Open-sided living and dining pavilion; games room; outdoor dining; lumbung balé; massage balé.
- Entertainment: Bose music system in living/dining and pool area; large flat-screen satellite TV with DVD and sound system in games room; snooker table; table tennis.
- WiFi broadband internet access.
- Dinning: groceries at cost, a wide variety of Western and Asian dishes. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
- For children: 2 baby cots, 1 high chair, pool toys, DVDs.
- Other facilities: barbecue; tennis court (shared); 3 bicycles; back-up generator.
- Staffs: Villa manager; chef; driver; 4 housekeepers; 3 gardeners; pool attendant; 5 guards providing 24-hour security. Masseuse and babysitter on request.
BEDROOM LOW SEASON HIGH SEASON PEAK SEASON 5 USD 925 USD 1180 USD 1480
All villa rates are subject to a 5% service charge and thereafter a 10% government tax.
- Return airport transfer
- The whole villa and all its facilities
- all 15 staff including a wonderful villa manager and a great chef
- complimentary use of the car and driver for 8 hours per day (excluding petrol)
- free WiFi
- pool table
- table tennis
- 3 bicycles
- shared tennis court
- uninterrupted sea view and beach access.
Your villa manager, Yoga, will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. If you would like to go diving or white water rafting, bookings can be made with a tried and trusted company who pick up and drop off at the villa. Do also ask the staff about the local area; most of them live nearby and will be able to give an insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
- The villa is close to the famous sea temple at Tanah Lot (9km). Although renowned for its sunset vistas, going early in the morning provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed, apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (11km) where a number of cafés offer good sunset views and cold beer. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot. Note that the beach along this section of the coast is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing than swimming.
- Fashionistas, trendies shop-a-holics and foodies should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques and international restaurants and bars including,
- Potato Head Beach club, La Lucciola and Bali’s infamously trendy Ku Dé Ta. For furniture, antiques and homeware stores go for a wander around the streets of nearby Kerobokan.
- Play a round at the unbelievably scenic Nirwana Bali Golf Course. Bordered by ocean and rice fields and just down from Tanah Lot sea temple, no wonder this championship-standard course (designed by golf legend, Greg Norman) is frequently voted number one in Asia.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned
- Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
Colourful processions to the beachside Hindu temple at the neighbouring village of Seseh (1km walk along the beach) are frequent. On special festival days, thousands of devout Hindus wearing ceremonial dress will converge on this important temple to perform cleansing rituals beside the ocean.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned. Canggu (11km) is known for its world-class surf breaks, offering an exposed reef break with consistent surf. May to October (dry season) is the favoured time for waves. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights—in fact, Canggu presents one of the few right-hand waves on the west coast of Bali.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit the vibrant Denpasar markets, where everything and anything is available.
- Explore Bali’s backroads, lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tour, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
Nestled between rice fields and the Indian Ocean, Villa Maridadi is situated in the traditional village of Cemagi on Bali’s south-west coast. The black sandy shores and rocky outcrops are also home to the small sea temple of Pura Gede Luhur Batungaus.
Walk through the gate at the front of the garden and take a stroll along the beach, or cycle through the rice fields and experience the Balinese way of life; you are bound to witness a village ceremony or two as you explore.
Despite its rural setting, the villa is only 30 minutes’ drive from the many restaurants and shops of cosmopolitan Seminyak. World famous Echo Beach is also within easy reach (10 minutes by car), where guests can enjoy the laidback surfer vibe, an ice-cold beer and some incredible sunsets.
- Pererenan 8 km
- Nirwana Bali Golf Course 8.80 km
- Tanah Lot Sea Temple 9 km
- Echo Beach 9 km
- Canggu 11 km
- Kerobokan 12 km
- Seminyak 15 km
- Kuta 22 km
- Denpasar Airport 25 km
- Mt. Batukaru 29 km
- Ubud 37 km